The Arkansas Craft School, 501(c)(3) nonprofit, seeks applicants for an Executive Director. Preferred credentials include experience and/or knowledge of contemporary and traditional craft, program management and development, employee management, and fundraising. Candidates should send a cover letter, and resume to email@example.com. Attn. G. Brown. The deadline for submitting applications will be Friday, July 17, 2020 or until a candidate has been selected. The ACS reserves the right to not fill any position. Review of applications will begin immediately. AA/EEO Employer.
Job Description for Executive Director
SCOPE: The Executive Director (ED) is the general manager of the Arkansas Craft School (ASC). This position is the Chief Operations Officer of the ACS. The ED reports to Board of Directors. The ED assigns tasks and supervises employees of ACS. The ED will grow the Arkansas Craft School; be responsible for the continued development and implementation of the ACS programming; provide leadership in developing new curricula for the ACS, including recruiting and retaining faculty; assist in the development of teaching studios for the ACS; and continue recruiting students for the ACS. The position is a part time (32 hour a week) salaried position. Salary is based on education, experience, and budget limitations.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
Financial and Administrative:
- Report to the Board of Directors and its officers as they administer the program and business of the ACS.
- Employ, supervise, and train support and program staff, whose positions have been identified and funded by the Board; assures all tasks are completed on time
- Work closely with ACS Treasurer and bookkeeper to manage the budget; suggest budget changes to the ACS Treasurer
- Manage the office and the programming of the ACS within the limitations of the annual budget established by the Board of Directors
- Oversee and ensure proper reporting is done to all agencies of the State of Arkansas, grant funders, and oversee annual audit and submission of tax forms
- Produce an Annual Report
- , musicians, and food service workers contracted by the ACS for classes and events
- Provide public relations for the ACS by networking with other arts entities including local, statewide, and national organizations and groups
- Develop and execute the program and services of the ACS and its curriculum
- Creates new programming to expand the possibilities of classes of interest
- Contract with all instructors, musicians, and food service providers as necessary for all classes and events
Audience Development and Marketing
Fundraising and Resource Development
- Make fundraising appeals at special events and activities
- Maintain and renew partnerships with supporting organizations
- Seek and establish new partnerships and relationships
- Recruit and oversee volunteers for the ACS
Facility and Maintenance
- Ensure that facilities are properly cleaned and maintained
- Supervise contractors, as necessary
- The Executive Director is responsible to the Board of Directors of the ACS with direct supervision by the President of the Board.
- The Executive Director is subject to an annual review and evaluation by the Board of Directors in June of each year.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with a practical background in non-profit business management; preferred advanced degree.
- Proficient computer and social media skills
- Experience and/or knowledge of contemporary and traditional arts/crafts
- Open and effective written and verbal communications
- A passion for arts advocacy and the development of practicing artisans
- Ability to work with a wide variety of clients
- Capable of visionary leadership and the ability to balance the interests of a diverse constituency
- Well-developed strategic thinking skills with the ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Experience in personnel management
- Experience in marketing
Support for the Arkansas Craft School is provided, in part, by the Arkansas Arts Council, an agency of the Arkansas Department of Parks, Heritage, and Tourism, and the National Endowment for the Arts.
You might also like:-
Nov 2020Veterans Healing Arts Workshop: Songwriting and Poetry - 11/04/2020 - 11/25/2020 at 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Introduction to Damascus Steel - 11/06/2020 - 11/08/2020 at 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Painting With Panache -- Monthly Painting Class - 11/09/2020 at 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Reverse Glass Painting: "The Owl" - 11/13/2020 - 11/14/2020 at 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Dec 2020Box Turning Design - 12/02/2020 - 12/05/2020 at 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Painting With Panache -- Monthly Painting Class - 12/14/2020 at 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm